How can I move the GCC install?

	I think Montavista contributed patches for this.

	Folks.  I need some assistance with another problem we are
having.
We are trying to check the tool chain (non-native, cross compiled only)
into our source control system, then pull it out, and use the tool chain
on a system it was not built on.  We are finding that the bin search
path used by programs like GCC, use absolute paths from the machine they
were compiled/linked on.  Since folks check out their tree in different
places on their systems, the use of tools fails, since the paths where
the programs (like cpp0) does not exist on their system.

We attempted to work around this by using the -B switch and then the
GCC_EXEC_PREFIX.  GCC_EXEC_PREFIX works for our builds, but not the
kernel build.  Do you know of a way to build GCC with out have the path
embedded in it or possibly have it be dynamic based on where the
executable is started from?

Thanks in advance
Jeff

Want to unsubscribe? Send a note to crossgcc-unsubscribe at sources dot redhat dot com