Re: Cross Tools Help

> Dear David Brown,
>
> This option is fine, But my question was that when iam building
> the toolset, i want it to be built for one CPU only and not for entire
> M68k family.
>
> The option you are suggesting is when compiling an application,
> whereas my question is when building the toolchain how do i do it.

I appreciate that - but as far as I am aware, it would not be an easy job to
build a compiler for only a specific member of the family.  However, I would
suppose it is possible to change the default CPU, so that when no flags are
specified the compiler will assume "-m68020", rather than a generic m68k
chip.

Can I ask why you want a solution other than using a flag?  After all, other
compiler flags are always needed, and they are generally neatly placed in a
makefile.  If you are looking to save space, then you could cut out all the
non-68020 libraries.

Regards,

David