Re: crossgcc build script thoughts

Bill Gatliff wrote:
First off, let me express my gratitude at the attention my little
toolchain build script has been getting lately.

Which reminds me: thanks for writing it!

The reason my original script didn't do much with linux targets is
because I observed the same thing as you--- the build process is
different from targets that newlib supports. Trying to support the
two targets in the same script makes the script itself difficult to
read for someone with low scripting skills, so I had always intended
to keep the two build procedures in separate scripts.

OK, two separate (but very similar) scripts it is, then.

My internal scripts include prompting, but are largely driven by
environment variables. If all the needed variables are present and
defined, no prompts occur and the script runs without user
intervention.

Agreed - it's just that the prompting isn't a priority for me, and while I'm rearranging things, I'll remove it rather than let it rot; it'd be easy to add back on later.

- Dan