Section information of ADS generated assembly file

Hi all,

I am not sure whether this is the right place to ask my query. [It is more related to ADS than to gcc GAS]

I have an C code with inlined assembly, built for ADS[ARM Development Suit]. The inline assembly is not in gcc-syntax. I converted it to pure assembly file using the -S option of armcc compiler.

Now I changed the directives of the file to suit the gcc assembler (gas). The assembled code has something like the following
=========================================================================================================
|L1.1236|
DCD ||.constdata$1||
|L1.1240|
DCD ||.constdata$1|| + 4
ENDP

AREA ||.constdata||, DATA, READONLY, ALIGN=1

||.constdata$1||
startPos1
        DCW      0x0001,0x0003
startPos2
        DCW      0x0000,0x0001
        DCW      0x0002,0x0004

AREA |area_number.1|, DATA, READONLY, ALIGN=0
EXPORTAS |area_number.1|, ||.constdata||
||.constdata$6||

My query is

1) What the ||.constdata$1|| stands for?? Is it a label or a subsection inside the .data area or is it a indication to the linker to attach a specific (load) address to this symbol??

2) Why EXPORTAS is used to export the section named |area_number.1| as ||.constdata||??

3) How can I map this to gcc GAS assembler directives??

Thanks in advance

Regds
Ketan

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
----William Jennings Bryan