crosstool-0.5. Can build alpha crosscompiler now.

More clean up and regression testing of my update
of Bill's crossgcc build script.  The new version is at
http://www.kegel.com/crossgcc/crosstool-0.5.tar.gz
And, since David Shaw asked, I've added Alpha support.
Interestingly, this meant changing how I generated libc.so;
it has to be different for Alpha.  I added a note to Bill's wiki about this.

I included a better fix for my sh4 problems (thanks, Kaz),
so I think sh4 builds with both versions of glibc now (hope, hope).
- Dan

ChangeLog:
0.5: Run 'make check' after building binutils, gcc, and glibc
     but only if DEJAGNU environment variable set.
     And since Dejagnu hates abbreviated target names, use names like xxx-yyy-linux-gnu
     Added initial alpha support

0.4: Add gcc-3.3-patches/{sh-predef-gnu_source,sh4-no-fix-protos}.patch
     to fix sh4 build for glibc-2.2.5.
     Fixed typo in glibc-2.3.2 support; it builds for ppc and x86 now.
     (sh4 build dies with "include/asm/user.h:32: error: redefinition of `struct
     user_fpu_struct'".)

0.3: add x86->x86 support
     This involved twiddling HOST in crosstool.sh to force cross-compiler even if HOST = TARGET.  Not sure this is a good idea yet.
     See <a href="http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2003-06/msg00246.html";>related thread in gnu-patches</a>.

0.2: add glibc-2.3.2 support, move options from demo script into .dat files

0.1: Starting with Bill Gatliff's script, add framework for downloading
     and patching.

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com