Re: Where does __sdivsi3_i4 come from?

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 16:12, Vincent Rubiolo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Did you check that you are correctly linking against libgcc? IIRC, these symbs are used by libgcc to
> emulate math hardware instructions (yours should be about division, obviously) if they are not found
> on a certain architecture.

Well kernel modules don't explicitly link to libgcc, they can only use
symbols exported by the kernel. In my case the kernel exports __sdivsi3
but the module compile generated  __sdivsi3_i4 which obviously fails to
link.

Also adding to the confusion is why the compiler feels the need to do a
division for a *particular* function call where other calls to the
*same* function do not cause this code to be generated.

> Hopes that helps,

A bit thanks. Now at least I know what it is, but not why its trying to
do it.

--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/

When all else fails, read the instructions.