Re: Interpreting gcc-3.3 "make check" results

Dan Kegel wrote:

> Ahh.  I feel *much* better now.  I actually gcc's "make check"
> against a ppc750 system remotely.  Life is wonderful!
>
> But now I have to interpret the results, and they're not all good.
>
> I'm testing gcc-3.3/glibc-2.3.2, and I forgot to use the -k option
> to 'make check', so it terminated on the first failure.

-k is a new one for me.  When did it appear?

Unfortunately, I don't have any magic recipe for dealing with test
failures.  It seems that you just need to look at them one at a time and
figure out what went wrong, and then decide what to do about it.

> What madman uses real-valued template parameters?

The kind of madman who writes testsuites.  There's one for C that takes
a long long, casts it to a function pointer and calls through it.  Or
something like that.  It seemed screwier than that sounds.

 - ken