Re: Problems with first steps using a MinGW based linux -->windows cross compiler

Am Don, 2003-06-12 um 23.23 schrieb Dan Kegel:
> You forgot to mention where those scripts came from.  I imagine you're
> following http://www.libsdl.org/extras/win32/cross/README.txt ?

Yes, that's the source I used. If anyone knows where I could get
something based upon GCC 3.x (preferably 3.3) I'd be very happy.

> You shouldn't have to patch the configure script for endian checks
> if they're using the standard check; just regenerate it with a modern
> autoconf (1.52 or later, say).  (And *that* may require a bit of
> patching to configure.in; if so, please contribute the changes back
> to the mailing list for the program you're trying to compile.)
> You also forgot to mention what program you're trying to cross-compile.

I'm trying to compile Hermes which is a supporting library of ClanLib
(www.clanlib.org) which itself is a library I need for compiling Pingus
(pingus.seul.org) - the program I really want to generate a windows
version of.
Updating the configure.in would surely be possible but it's more or less
useless since Hermes is doomed to die (no more active development) as is
ClanLib-0.6. But as long as Pingus isn't ported to ClanLib 0.7 we'll
need them both. Therefore, just commenting out the unwanted parts from
configure was the most viable choice so far. If I get it working and
anyone else is interested in the stuff I'll try to find a cleaner
solution to produce a patch with.

Bye David