building gdb for cygwin under linux

Following instructions on your FAQ I manage to build
a cross compiler for cygwin on my linux. But I wish
to also have a gdb for cygwin installed...

So I grad the gdb source from cygwin (and even the latest from rawhide)
and try to compile it :

/home/trophime/rpmbuild/BUILD/gdb-20030303-1/configure
--target=i686-pc-cygwin --prefix=/usr/local/cygwin
--mandir=/usr/local/cygwin/share/man
--infodir=/usr/local/cygwin/share/info
--datadir=/usr/local/cygwin/share/locale i386-redhat-linux

I end up with the following error during the configure
process:

creating cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... i386-redhat-linux-gnu
checking target system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking build system type... i386-redhat-linux-gnu
*** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:
     gdb libgui
    (Any other directories should still work fine.)

I have guessed from some readings that cygwin is not present in any
configure script in the sim directory. That's why I get this message
complaining about not being able to build gdb for my configuration.
Am I wright?

How can I manage to build gdb for cygwin on my linux then?

Thanks for any help

Christophe Trophime   Grenoble High Magnetic Field Lab
CNRS.

phone: +33 (0) 4 76 88 90 02
email: trophime@grenoble.cnrs.fr
web: http://ghmfl.grenoble.cnrs.fr