Re: Cygwin for my program

I swear I had written an actual answer to your mail.

> On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 02:10:36PM +0200, philippe guillaume wrote:
> > I cannot use cygwin directly because my program uses
> > many libraries on Unix. There's a lot of fork() and i
> > think that cygwin doesn't understand this command...

Well, here it is again:

fork() is fundamental to Unix workings; it's, among other
things, how a shell starts new processes (first it fork(),
then the child exec() ). There is no way Cygwin could not
have fork(), nothing would work.

To convince yourself, try something simple, like a multitask
hello world:

void main( void ) {
  if ( ! fork() ) {
    printf( "Hello " );
  }
  sleep( 1 );
  printf( "world\n" );
}

So your problems must come from other libraries.

/Y - hope I can manage to post this time...

--
Marbles should be kept together.