Re: arm-elf-gcc binaries

Yadid:

I ship everything under --prefix. Which is why I always set --prefix=/opt/billgatliff.

$ tar xzvf -C / <toolchain-tarball>.tar.gz

I've looked into using RPM, even had a working spec file once. But last I checked, Cygwin didn't support RPM and so I would have been forced to keep tarballs around anyway. My customers don't seem to mind tarballs, so I have stuck with them.

b.g.

Yadid Ayzenberg wrote:

Hi guys.

First of all, a big thanks to bill gatliff, dan kegel and the rest of you
guys that have made all of this cross compiling madness a little more
understandable ( and usable). This list has made a big difference.

and now for my question

I have built a tool-chain for arm-elf-gcc on both linux redhat 7.3 and
cygwin win32.
I would like to ditribute these tools as part of a development kit.
questions are:
1. can any body with cygwin (no matter which version ) or anybody with
redhat linux run these?
2. what files except the exe's themselfs should also be attached ?
3. what about the directory stucture? after all i built them targeted to a
specific dir.

maybe be id be better off telling my developers to build their own
tool-chain from sources using one of the scripts?

Awaiting your answers

yadid ayzenberg

Yadid Ayzenberg

-- Bill Gatliff Embedded GNU and Linux development, training bgat@billgatliff.com