Re: What Target to use for SH4 ?

Anton Erasmus wrote:
I am trying to build gcc under cygwin for the SH4 processor.
What target should I use ?
I have tried sh-elf.
I am using build scripts I got from an article bill gatliff wrote.
This worked for arm-elf, and using sh-elf it builds binutils, but it
fails during the building of gcc. The sources I used is binutils 2.13 and gcc 3.2.
This would be a generic sh-elf without any OS.

I want to use the SH4 in an embedded environment. No OS
at all on the SH. I might use newlib, but even that is not essential.

sh4-elf is probably a good target to use. Your problem may be that Bill's script has not yet been updated for gcc 3.2.

How about posting your script and a snippet of the build log
showing the error?
- Dan