How to convert .a to .lib library format?

hello,

i have Gnupro cross toolchain installed for Ubicom ip2k processor. I
created the .a format static archive using ip2k-elf-ar on the cygwin
platform on win2k.

Is it possible to convert this .a library file to .lib (Microsoft VC++
format) static library file. or directly create the .lib format library
using gnupro tools.

Kindly tell me if some tools or utility is available for this purpose.

If this is not correct forum for this question, kindly tell me where i
should put up this question.

I will be thankful

Regards,

Amir Amin