Re: CrossTool MIPS question

Russell.Enderby@arrisi.com wrote:
I am trying to build a mips cross toolset on linux and solaris hosts. The problem is that using your tool and building it manually I get the same error at the bottom with the glibc make. I can run your tool no problem if I want to build mipsel-unknown-linux and mipseb-unknown-linux targets but when I try mips-elf it dies.

Right. mips-elf is a newlib target, not a glibc target.

If you want newlib support, someone did contribute that recently,
I'll try to get it out.

If you really wanted glibc, not newlib, you'll have to change
your target name, I think.  mips-elf won't do.  Try using a name
in canonical form, e.g. mips-unknown-linux-gnu,
where the 3rd field is the OS.
- Dan