Re: Change in employment

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 10:29:30PM +0100, Toon Moene wrote:
> In the _Netherlands_, when unemployed, it is forbidden to work on
> *anything* that might also be performed as "work for hire".

That's ridiculous. Technically, there is nothing you can't
hire someone to do, so when unemployed you wouldn't have the
right to cook yourself an egg. I hope you're getting large
unemployment benefit with having to eat out every night :-)

Also, that raises the question of whether it's acceptable to
do something that could be perfomred as "work for hire" in
your spare time, while employed.

> I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case in more European countries.

I have personally never heard of that, be it in France,
Germany or the UK. However, IANAL (and IDWTBAL "I don't Want
To Be A Lawyer" :)

/Y