crosstool common source patch

OK, I did a fresh unpack of crosstool-0.25, applied this patch, and got a
clean build with a common source tree that can be shared among multiple
targets.  I prepopulated the source tree with some of the components, but
not others.  It downloaded the missing ones, unpacked them into the shared
source tree, and accepted the others as is.

Not exactly rigorous testing, but I'm confident enough to pass it around
and have others subject it to a better pounding now.  Enjoy!

Still working on the uClibc patch.  I think as a first pass, I'm going to
do it with the added link_os_uclibc: spec I described earlier.  The uClibc
configure process is such a mess that I'm going to try to stay out of that
as much as possible for now.

                            -----Carl