Re: order of constructors

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 18:10, Peter Barada wrote:

> Is there any way to control the order of static constructors so that
> some that access other functions are done after those functions
> intializing fucntions are done?
>
> I guess I'm really asking is there any way to collect together a group
> of static constructors and then have them 'constructed' *after* some
> initialization functions for objects/libraries that they refer to have
> been called?
>
> --
> Peter Barada
> peter@the-baradas.com

The way I've done that in the past is to put all the static constructors
that are order dependent into a single file - say StaticGlobals.cc -
then compile this file and link it in with everything else. The order
of construction is the order in which they are listed in the file.
(At least this was the case last time I did it.)

	-Bill Randle
	billr@neocat.org