self-contained cross-compiler?

Hi;

  I feel that I'll be told that I'm re-asking an already answered question,
but I still have a linking problem with the cross compiler generated by
crosstool.

  When the cross tool chain we've generated by crosstool (version 24 or 25) is
expected to link, it references one or more libraries on the host system
rather than the libraries generated by crosstool.

  We would like the tool chain created by crosstool to be totally
self-contained.  Usiing the command

make "LDFLAGS=-static" all

to compile the final gcc does not result in a toolchain that is
self-contained.

  How do I do this?

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott