Re: crosstool and RH9 findings

David Eisner wrote:
First, thanks for crosstool! It's been some time since I had
to build a cross-compiler, but I remember it being a pain. Your tool makes it almost effortless.

As it turns out, I'm using crosstool on Red Hat 9, and I had
the problem with wget hanging. As your Changelog suggests,
it's a firewall issue. If I turn iptables off, wget works. Alternately, if I leave the firewall up and use --passive-ftp,
it also works.

Ah, thanks for the info! Nice to know turning off iptables makes the problem go away.

BTW, how does wget without --passive-ftp fail?  If it aborts, then
I could probably do something like
  wget foo || wget --passive-ftp foo
and have a good chance of working even if iptables is on.
- Dan