Re: Need help for porting

Manmeet:

If you're that determined, why hold yourself back with Windows? :^)

Seriously, do the gcc port while running gcc on Linux, you'll find that you can build and rebuild the toolchain faster, more reliably, and with less difficulty there. Once you have the Linux-hosted cross toolchain working, then move it to Windows.

This has the added benefit of giving you and Dan more time to work through the Canadian Cross...

b.g.

Manmeet Singh Johar wrote:

Hi Dan,

Actually I'm only looking to build a compiler for a proprietary
architecture, not the whole driver (compiler + assembler + linker +
library). As we already have all the other tools for win32 platform
(including out own compiler), but I'm dead sure and so I'm determined to
prove that we have a better option as GCC. But for that I first need to
port GCC to that proprietary architecture, and need to build it for
win32 platform, right? But I want all these activities to happen in
Linux.

I hope I'm not asking for too much, am I? But I'm sure about 1 thing,
I'm ready to give it all that I have got. For me this not a project, its
mission. And I know, without guidance of a person like you, I may never
be able to do it on time.

Manmeet