dynamical linking?

> BTW I usually set the result to end up in /opt/crosstool,
> but that shouldn't matter too much.  Just in case, here's how I build:

Whats the relationship of that, and the common install directory
of /usr/<arch> ???

And, perhaps related, how do I configure the default place that
ld looks for share libraries so that I don't have to use -rpath
and -rpath-link to find them?  There *must* be a way to globally
set this so that "when compiling and linking for target X, use
these directories for finding libs."

Greg