Re: puzzled on how to integrate arm kernel patch(es) into crosstool

Ken Wolcott wrote:
I've noticed a deficiency in my arm crosstool toolchains...no arm-specific kernel header files :-( crosstool seems to support powerpc and sh4 pretty well, so I was trying to figure out how I would integrate arm kernel headers in the same way...I'm not getting how crosstool knows how to get and integrate target-specific kernel headers. I'm trying to merge the procedure specified in http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/docs/kerncomp.shtml with crosstool...

I do stuff like that by copying in extra files into the patches directory before running the crosstool scripts, e.g.

# the directory 'patches' is laid out like crosstool's patches directory
# and contains extra patches not suitable for inclusion in mainline
tar -xzvf crosstool-0.25.tar.gz
find patches -type f | cpio -pmdv crosstool-0.25
cd crosstool-0.25
sh demo-i686.sh

You can probably just drop ftp://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/pub/armlinux/source/kernel-patches/v2.6/patch-2.6.0-rmk2.gz
into the patches/linux-2.6.0 directory, uncompress it, and
expect things to work.

How's that sound?
- Dan