Re: Building GNU tools with Cygwin

Kirci:

The default Cygwin installation doesn't include gcc for some reason (download size, probably).

Reinstall Cygwin, and select everything.

b.g.

Turgut Kirci wrote:

Hi

I am following to "Getting Started with GNU: A Tutorial Introduction Using the ARM Evaluator-7T" to set up GNU tools for ARM first time in my career.
It is under Windows2K
1) I downloaded all binutils, gcc, newlib and gdb.
2) I installed Cygwin and ran it.
3) When I try to build the binutils by running "configure.in" that comes with binutil-2.14 package, I get an error.

cc: not found
*** The command 'cc -o conftest -g conftest.c' failed.
*** You must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler.

Obviously in configure.in, there is compilation. However, who is going to compile the code? I have not built the GCC yet. There is not any compiler unless something had been installed with cygwin.
Which compiler is this supposed to be?
and after locating the compiler, am I supposed to add CC as a environment variable pointing its directory.

Want more information? See the CrossGCC FAQ, http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/

-- Bill Gatliff Embedded systems and Free Software. Yea, it *is* all that! bgat@billgatliff.com