Re: undefined reference to `_dl_stop_profile@GLIBC_2.2.5'

Hi Dave;

>>> David Wuertele <dave-gnus@bfnet.com> 01/15/04 12:44PM >>>
>I'm trying to compile samba-3.0.0 with a crosstool mipsel-linux
>toolchain.  I copied all the runtimes (eg libc.so) from

>mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc-3.2.3-glibc-2.2.3/mipsel-unknown-linux-
>gnu/lib/*
>
><SNIP>
>I get the following error:
>
>/path/to/my/target/root/lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to >
>`_dl_stop_profile@GLIBC_2.2.5'
>
>Any clues on what this means?
>
>Thanks,
>Dave

i did a big SNIP here so that i could point out the most obvious
difference, you have conflicting glibcs.

i *think* that you are linking with your system ld instead of your
cross ld.
so your system ld is linking in something that it knows about, since it
doesnt know anything about your crosslibs.

check what your system glibc is, it's probably 2.2.5.

adding -Wl,--trace to the end of your $(LDFLAGS) if you are using gcc
to link your stuff is often your bestest special friend in circumstances
such as these.....

just my us$0.02!

johnu

------
Want more information?  See the CrossGCC FAQ,
http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/
Want to unsubscribe? Send a note to
crossgcc-unsubscribe@sources.redhat.com