Re: undefined reference to `_dl_stop_profile@GLIBC_2.2.5'

John> i *think* that you are linking with your system ld instead of
John> your cross ld.  so your system ld is linking in something that
John> it knows about, since it doesnt know anything about your
John> crosslibs.  check what your system glibc is, it's probably
John> 2.2.5.

I figured it out --- it was strange.  It wasn't my system ld.

In my target's root /lib directory, I have all 2.2.4 libraries.  When
I copied the

  /path/to/gcc-3.2.3-glibc-2.2.3/mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/*

libs to /my/targets/root/lib, I made links like so:

  ln -sf libc-2.2.3.so -> libc.so.6
  ln -sf libm-2.2.3.so -> libm.so.6

et cetera.  But after compiling iconv and samba, when I look in my
target's root /lib directory, I see:

  lrwxrwxrwx  libc.so.6 -> libc-2.2.4.so

How did that link get there????  Is somebody running ldconfig under my
nose?

In any case, that explained why I was getting link errors.  When I
removed all 2.2.4 files, and re-linked libc.so.6 et al, everything
compiles and links fine.

Dave