Re: gcc default search path

Anton Erasmus wrote:
On 2004/01/24 at 11:30 Roman Duka wrote:

does anybody know how to specify default search paths (the ones you get with "gcc -print-search-dirs") during compilation? basically my cross gcc doesn't look in the right place for crt1.o files, so i need to find a way to specify the default search path in the makefile or something???

Hi,

Use the -nostartupfiles gcc option, and specify
the crt.o in your object list explicitly.
Otherwise I think you need to stuff around in the specs
file.

Regards
   Anton Erasmus

yes i can compile helloworld.c program when i pass -B/path_to_my_crosslib option to gcc, but it's a pain, my cross gcc lib is plit into 2 directories prefix/target/lib and prefix/target/usr/lib, gcc only looks in prefix/target/lib, which i think is a default for many cross toolchains which put all the libs under prefix/target/lib.
i'm just going through gcc source code, see if it can point me in the right direction