Re: Request For Enhancement: crosstool support of arm (rmk only?)kernel patches

Robert Schwebel wrote:
PTXdist does support the -rmk patches, you might try it out. Although I
must say I'm not happy with the way we handle this kind of "feature
patches" now. For "bugfix patches" we use the same method as crosstools,
but for feature patches there is too much magic in the makefiles at the
moment...

I'm now supporting them in the following trivial way: if you want to use them, you can, by copying them into the right subdirectory of crosstool-0.27/patches.

ptxdist has the concept of a local patches directory already;
why not just have the user unpack the patches he wants
into that directory?  I guess the reason is that ptxdist
likes to download its patches at build time.

(That's one thing I like better about crosstool than
ptxdist: crosstool comes with the patch repository bundled
in.  IMHO this is a good idea because it makes the build
less dependent on having a network connection, and
it makes the build more reproducible -- you aren't at
the mercy of the patch repository operator to quite the
same degree.)
- Dan