Re: Soft-float compiler for ARM

Hi,
you will have to use something like this, arm-linux-gcc -static -L./ -msoft-float -Xlinker --no-warn-mismatch hello.c, you can also use -lfloat option if needed (use netwinder libfloat or nico's libfloat)

--no-warn-mismatch will allow you to continue linking
but sometimes I have noticed gcc putting hard-float instructions aswell as definitions from softfloat (I used nicolas pitre's soft-float glibc replacement ) if the arguments were passed in
a different order, but this one works fine for me. I am using gcc3.2.1.

with regards
senthil kumar

robert@schwebel.de wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to compile U-Boot with the PTXdist gcc-3.3.2 for ARM. It
seems like libgcc was built with hard float support, whereas U-Boot
requires soft float: the linker stage reports:

arm-linux-ld: ERROR: /tmp/arm-linux-3.3.2/lib/gcc-lib/arm-unknown-linux-gnu/3.3.2/libgcc.a(_udivsi3.oS) uses hardware FP, whereas u-boot uses software FP

Does anybody know how I can configure gcc-3.3.2 in a way it generates
libgcc with soft float support? I already tried --enable-softfloat and
it does not work; the same configure arguments work fine with
gcc-2.95.3.

Robert