arm-elf-gdb "Cannot find bounds of current function"

Guys:

I'm trying to track down a problem here that's got me stumped. I've tested with gdb-5.2.1, 5.3, and 6.0, all with the same results.

I'm using one of my own gdb stubs to debug on an arm-elf target. I'm using the remote serial protocol and pristine gdb sources.

I can load and stepi instructions just fine, but when I try to step a source line, gdb reports an error, "Cannot find bounds of current function". I can list and disassemble functions just fine, and the application is an ELF file that was compiled with -g.

The same program steps fine on the simulator, and I've verified that there are no differences between the sp, lr, pc, or other register values between the two environments. RDI on another target works fine as well.

I'm using gcc-3.2.1, binutils-2.13.1.

Any suggestions? I'm pulling my hair out on this one...

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff
Embedded GNU development and training services.