Re: unrecognized option '-mcpu=r4600'

Bill Gatliff wrote:
Xu, Jiang wrote:
crosstool 0.26
gcc-3.2.3
glibc-2.3.2
linux-2.4.18
I think I may know why after study a little bit more.
I think the problem is at binutils. This version of binutils will not
accept -mcpu anymore. In fact, after looking into the source code of this
version of binutils (2.14.90.0.5) a little bit, it tights everything
together already, it will ignore -march options if you put -mipsN option
with it and "-mcpu" seems to be no longer valid for this binutils.

As it turns out, I got bit by this one last night. Roll back to a pre-2.14 binutils.

I remember running into this earlier (I would have commented, but I was away from email for two days).

I think the problem is that the way mips specifies CPU options changed.
gcc-3.2.x and binutils-2.13 do it the old way, and
gcc-3.3.x and binutils-2.14 do it the new way
(I might have a binutils version number wrong, not sure).

I guess maybe I should change gcc-3.2.3-glibc-2.3.2.dat to
use an older binutils.  (gcc-3.3.*-glibc-2.3.2.dat should
stay with the newer one.)

Thanks for the bug report & sorry for the trouble!
- Dan