Re: is it wise to put -msoft-float in TARGET_CFLAGS?

Robert Schwebel wrote:
On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 11:40:21PM -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:

David Wuertele wrote:

My cpu has no fpu.  Should I be putting -msoft-float in TARGET_CFLAGS
so that crosstool builds glibc with soft floats?

I'm not so sure about that. There has been some confusion on the right option to use. For the ppc405, it seems to be --without-fp

Wait, --without-fp is for configure options whereas -msoft-float ist for
gcc CFLAGs,

right

> so if TARGET_CFLAGS contains the CFLAGS you hand out to gcc
when you compile your stuff for the target (I'm not sure about how
crosstool uses it) should be right.

For some reason I had to configure glibc --without-fp to get things to work on powerpc-405. (See powerpc-405.dat in crosstool.) This in spite of the fact that configuring for ppc405 sets -msoft-float by default (I think). - Dan