RE: Binary files differ

Hi again,

> As a guess, I'm wondering if they're related to debugging information
> that includes compilation time.  Try using objcopy to translate the
> files to binary or S-record, and try your diff again.

That thought has crossed my mind too but when i run the --strip-all then
nothing shall remain in the file, especially not such things as compile
time (as i see it). Regarding the convertion, which was a good idea,
unfortunatelly i am having trouble converting the file since it is not a
linked executable but a eCos library (.a). Is there any other way then a
binary diff to make sure that the build files are the same?

Any other ideas?

Regards, Daniel Lidsten