Re: Linux to Cygwin gcc build problem - cannot create executables

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 08:57:02AM -0800, Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:
> checking whether the C compiler ( /oss/src/gcc-3.3.2/build/gcc/xgcc
> -B/oss/src/gcc-3.3.2/build/gcc/
> -B/cygwin/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/
> -B/cygwin/i686-pc-cygwin/lib/
> -isystem /cygwin/i686-pc-cygwin/include -O2 -g -O2 ) works... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
> create executables.
> make: *** [configure-target-libiberty] Error 1

After spending a little brainpower on this, I realized I might need *all*
the lib and include files, not just the ones for the cygwin base (libc etc.),
in case of circular dependencies, and so copied over my whole ~100MB from a
working cygwin install.  The compile now works, and I've successfully
cross-compiled ed.

This leads me to a question, though; say a new version of cygwin (with
libs and headers) is released and I put the new files in
/cygwin/i686-pc-cygwin/{lib,include}.
Do I need to do anything to the cross-compiler, or will it just automatically
link to the new files?

(I know, I should just wait and try for myself, but I'd like some expert
advice from the list.)

Thanks.