Re: gcc 3.3.x and glibc 2.2.3

Oliver Eggers wrote:
Dear Dan,

I hope to reach you somehow...

A few days ago i had my first look at the crosstools you wrote to
compile crosscompiling environments with gcc, glibc and binutils.

You did a great job, writing those tools! Thanks a lot!

Although the tools work very fine, I still have a problem with a special
configuration. I'm currently developing software for an embedded target
(ppc405) and I'd like to use the following setup:

gcc 3.3.x (usually x=1)
binutils 2.13 or 2.14
kernel 2.2.20 or 2.2.21
glibc 2.2.3 (here's the point!)

The point is, that I need glibc 2.2.3 and gcc 3.3.x. But the compilation
fails for glibc 2.2.3.

Do you know if anyone managed to get this combination running? Or do you
have any hints?

I recently got glibc-2.1.3 building with gcc-3.3.3; the process is usually to do a google search for each of the compilation errors until you find the patch that fixes it. Often you can just pull the patch from glibc cvs once you know what it is. In the case of glibc-2.1.3, I had to find about eight patches, and it took two days. glibc-2.2.3 ought to be easier -- and you may be able to find many of the fixes right in my patches/glibc-2.2.5 directory.

If you have trouble, go ahead and post the interesting bits
of the compile logs to crossgcc...
- Dan

-- My technical stuff: http://kegel.com My politics: see http://www.misleader.org for examples of why I'm for regime change