Re: cross compiler for mips under cygwin - building libraries

Well, I'd certainly would like to use the newlib libraries to compile the
applications for the embedded board. I fear that the glibc libraries will be
too large or too complex, but I'm certainly willing to give it a try.
If my reasoning is correct that I need libraries compiled for the
i686-pc-cygwin environment to build the cross compiler, and as the cross
compiler will be running on a high end machine, it would seem more correct
to use the glibc libraries to build the cross compiler.
That was what I was planning to do : build a cross compiler with the glibc
libraries, then build my embedded applications with the newlib libraries.
But according to the crossgcc faq of bill gatliff, this is not the way to do
it.

I already started up the crosstool with the demo-mipsel.sh to see the result
(I can only check it tomorrow at work), but I fear it's not what I wanted
because I saw some messages scrolling by with the host being something with
linux-pc. I suppose I could make some changes to the sh scripts so it will
work for the cygwin environment, but I was planning to look into that later.

Thanks already for the reply.

Harry Kaes.