Re: Buildung gcc-3.3.x with glibc-2.2.3

Oliver Eggers wrote:
Thanks to Dan for the first suggestion for patches:

- 'glibc-linuxthreads-2.2.5/threadparam.patch' solved the thread-problem.
- 'sscanf.patch' and 'sprintf-prototype.patch' solved another problem.

Lots of problems seem to be known by others here on the mailing list and Dan includes lots of patches, so I tried to post the error messages here hoping to find someone who says: 'This is obvious! Try xy as a workaround.'

Right, that's fine, as long as you do a google search of the mailing list archives for the error message first, to cut down on FAQs.

By the way, when I point people to patches, I hope
that they actually read the patches; often I put a
little bit of explanation and links to discussion
at the top of the patch.
- Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com