Re: adding crosstool support for building a statically-linked crosstoolchain

Ken Wolcott wrote:
Hi Dan;

  Perhaps I'm the only one who wants/needs crosstool to provide a
statically linked cross toolchain,

Not at all! Someone else just asked that question!

> but, thanks to you and others who are
very bright and helpful, I have made such modifications to crosstool.

  I'll try to create a patch against crosstool-0.28-rc1 so that you can
see precisely what I've done.

Once I've submitted a patch, will you consider applying it?

Gladly. I'd prefer, though, that you define a BUILD_LDFLAGS variable and let the user set that directly rather than having a special STATICALLY_LINKED. It'd be a bit more general.

e.g. the user would set BUILD_LDFLAGS=-static,
and crosstool would stick LDFLAGS="$BUILD_LDFLAGS" on the
final gcc and binutils builds (and maybe glibc, too, since
it compiles a couple of helper binaries).

Or something like that...
- Dan