Re: Using crosstool-0.27

Tim Connors wrote:

I've never had a target that came with rcp or rsh, either, so I always
build 'em myself.
doc/chroot-login-howto.html does documents how to set up rsh,

For some reason I found that document confusing too. I think I had trouble figuring out the context for each of the sections.

OK, I'll see if I can clean it up.

Also, I
don't have inetd nor xinetd on REMOTE.  So in addition to cross
building the r-utilities, I'd have to start the daemons manually etc.
I do have sshd, can ssh/scp be used instead?

yes but it's way slow since a new connection is started for each test (I think) and ssh startup is quite slow. There are literally tens of thousands of tests, so this really could be an issue.

I thought doc/chroot-login-howto.html merely explained how (parts of)
crosstest.sh worked.  I didn't realize it had prerequisite steps.  I
thought I could go from "all.sh --notest" straight to "all.sh
--nounpack --nobuild."

OK, I'll clear that up.

Are you actually trying the regression tests? Cool!

Well I tried ..., but since I had to revert to manual testing, I've
only tried simple things like hello_world.java using shared libraries.

Hopefully 0.28 will have better doc, thanks for your comments! - Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com