Re: crosstool-0.27: added softfloat support for arm, lots of little fixes

Russ Dill wrote:
Realize this is a bit late, but I use crosstool with the arm vfp patch
and a printf fix. Works great.

http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/pipermail/linux-arm/2003-October/006436.html
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/crossgcc/2004-02/msg00104.html

I realize these issues are probably already solved, but I thought I'd
add that just in case, since it is known working.

What's *not* known is whether the printf fix breaks the non-vfp case. Can you still successfully build and run a non-vfp arm system with that patch in?

Other notes for cross tool; It'd be nice to have an option to use a
shared floating point library. It'd also be nice to have ada support,
I'm currently having to build an x86 compiler of the same version, and
use the gnat tools from there, and the gnatbind from my cross compiler.

I'm going to add a simple way for the user to pass through the languages list to the final gcc build, so you can e.g. enable Java, but I don't have any immediate plans beyond that. - Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com