Re: CrossGCC FAQ build method not working

On Sun, 2004-04-25 at 01:34, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Seb James wrote:
> > I've been trying to compile a gcc on my i686 with which I can then
> > compile programs for an i586 single board computer....
> >
> > Here is how I've configured gcc:
> >
> > ../gcc-3.3.2/configure --target=i586-linux \
> >      --prefix=/home/seb/crossenv/toolchain
>
> Are you going to be running Linux on that SBC?
> What C library do you plan to use for the target?
> - Dan

Planning to use newlib. Since I posted my messages yesterday, I
successfully built gcc (I was missing links to ld-linux.so.2 and
libpthread.so).

Having built gcc once, I added --with-newlib to the gcc configure. I
also added --enable-languages=c because enabling all languages increases
the build time for gcc, and I don't think (correct me please if I'm
wrong) that I'll need c++, objc, java or ada to build init, bash, login
and so on.

My final configure for gcc looks like this:

../gcc-3.3.2/configure --target=i586-linux \
    --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu \
    --prefix=/home/seb/crossenv/toolchain \
    --with-sysroot=/home/seb/crossenv/rootfs \
    --with-newlib --enable-languages=c,c++

I tried last night to build newlib, but it didn't work straight off, so
I went to bed. Will try a bit later today, but it's a beautiful sunny
day here in Sheffield, England, so I'm going to get the Sunday paper and
sit in the garden :)

Seb.