Re: change just host of cross compiler

On 06-May-04, Dan Kegel wrote:
>lazer1 wrote:
>> I wonder if they can modify the builds to detect filesystems
>> which dont support links and use "cp" instead,

>No, but maybe *you* can.  Just write a shell script called 'ln'
>and put it on the path...
>- Dan

sounds reasonable,

next problem: I dont understand the output of "ln --help",

eg it says: "ln [OPTION]... TARGET [LINK_NAME]" and says
LINK_NAME is optional. I dont get that, how can you link something
to nothing, surely you need a source + a dest??

for the general situation I am going to have to skip the options,

another problem

if I do

cp -r x y

and y already exists and x is a directory it appears to create y/x/...

so I may need to do

rmdir y

first,

would the following be sufficient for tar.gz decompressions and
configure scripts:

#!/bin/sh

rm $2
rmdir $2
cp -r $2 $1

or will they sometimes use options?

is there a trick to access the last 2 arguments,
thinking of $(argc-2) and $(argc-1), not sure how you would do
that in shell-speak, that way I could skip the options without
knowing how to,