Updated ColdFire toolchain sources available on my CVS server

I've finally had a spare minute or three to put together a gcc-3.4.0
tree on my CVS server as well as to update it and my gcc-3.3.3 tree to
produce better code, and am looking for beta testers to try it out,
*especially* anyone who is using a 5407 and the -m5407 flag to the
toolchain.

1) I've added to both gcc-3.3.3 and gcc-3.4.0 trees modifications to add:
   1) register offset addressing so the compiler generates 'move.[bwl]
      d16(Ax),(d16)Ay instead of move.[bwl] d16(Ax),Rx;move.[bwl] Rx,d16(Ay)'
   2) Code to use the new instructions mov3q/mvs/mvz for ColdFire V4
   3) Code to convert and/or/xor into bclr/bset/bchg for single bit manipulations.
   4) Code to use 'cmp.[bw]' instructions for ColdFire V4
   5) A fix for the infamous 'move.b <ea>,Ax' bug seen by various people.
2) I've updated to newlib-1.12.0

If you have problems updating your CVS tree, I've removed some
previous outdated snapshots and older releases.  You may have to tweak
you CVS/Entries file to clean out some of the old ones.  A quick way
around the error would be to move you old tree out of the way an pull
out a fresh tree.

To access my tree you need to:

Set CVSROOT in your environment to :pserver:anoncvs@baradas.org:/home/cvs

Alternately add -d :pserver:anoncvs@baradas.org:/home/cvs in the CVS
commands below (place it immediately after cvs, before any other arguments).

Issue the command:

cvs login

You will be prompted for a password; reply with the string "anoncvs"
(without the quotes).

Issue the command:

cvs -z 9 co xgcc

to check out the compiler/binutils/newlib sources.

Edit the Makefile to pick your flaver of the compiler and set PREFIX
to where you want it installed.  Execute 'make' to build/install the toolchain

I've tested this code using Bernie's uclinux script to build a
m68k-uclinux toolchain and built/ran a uClinux 2.4.x kernel on a 5407 board.

If you have any problems accessing my server or building the code
once you have it checked out, *please* contact me.

I am *very* interested in feedback about how this update compiler
works for you, both good and bad on any coldfire core.

--
Peter Barada
peter@the-baradas.com