Re: Compiling for ppc405 with crosstool 0.27 on cygwin seg. faults

Martin Egholm Nielsen wrote:
Caution: I never added Java fixes for ppc405's erratum 77!
See http://kegel.com/xgcc3/ppc405erratum77.html and be very suspicious on threading problems on older ppc405 chips in java.

Eeeww... Do you have an idea whether this has any effect on the 405EP?

You need to go find the IBM Errata sheet for the chip in question. It's at http://www-306.ibm.com/chips/techlib/techlib.nsf/products/PowerPC_405EP_Embedded_Processor I believe the same problem might be present there, renamed CPU_210.

Well, the errata at that site doesn't contain a bug named CPU_210, nor anything similar to the problem in erratum 77.

Ah, right, I was looking at the current errata for PPC405CR, not EP. So maybe you're safe.

The gcc bug report for this was http://gcc.gnu.org/PR7383

Further, according to the final comment in gcc's bugtracking system, it should be fixed in gcc 3.3: "GCC 3.3 includes the fix when GCC is configured for PPC405."

Yes, but as I was saying, I never did test the java part of the fix. - Dan