Re: Patch to crosstool.sh

Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
I've now started using your script (actually, only crosstool.sh, called
from my own script as I personally find the demo-*.sh scripts confusing
and non-working with CVS trees instead of released tarballs:)

Here's a patch that does modify crosstool.sh in certain ways:

- Add "support" for the VAX architecture. Right, some people are working
  towards getting vax-dec-linux running:)
- Modify abort() message for ppc to also mention powerpc64-*
- Use TABs :)
- Use a different way to recognize kernel version. Previously, the
  script depended on "2.4" or "2.6" being in the path. Now, kernel
  version is taken from kernel's Makefile. This also works for CVS
  kernels:)

Thanks, I'll have a look. For the record, I prefer patches that don't adjust whitespace; they make it harder to tell what really changed.

Wow, Vax support!
- Dan