Re: did you find a fix for the "errlist.c count 1 vs Versionssys_errlist@GLIBC_2.3 count 126" problem

This is a repost in plain text as the mailing list daemon rejected my
HTLM formated mail. So sorry if you received it twice.

Hi,

Just to follow on my problem (yes I know it has been 2 months :-( ). I
tried the latest crosstool-0.28-rc13 and I am still running in my
previous trouble. But now, as I really need this crosstools, I spent
more time on finding what the problem was.

So I ran make with the -d flag and found out that even if
"errlist-compat.c" is touched after errlist.c is built (in crosstool.sh)
it doesn't seem to be enough (on my system) for make to consider
errlist-compat.c as younger than errlist.c later. So I updated
crosstool.sh to "sleep" for 2 seconds (maybe 1 is enough) before
touching errlist-compat.c. This solved my problem. I was then able to
"make install-headers" without trouble.

I hope it helps.

JC

    if grep -q GLIBC_2.3 ${GLIBC_DIR}/ChangeLog; then
        # glibc-2.3.x passes cross options to $(CC) when generating
errlist-compat.c, which fails without a real cross-compiler.
        # Fortunately, we don't need errlist-compat.c, since we just
need .h files,
        # so work around this by creating a fake errlist-compat.c and
satisfying its dependencies.
        # Another workaround might be to tell configure to not use any
cross options to $(CC).
        # The real fix would be to get install-headers to not generate
errlist-compat.c.
        make sysdeps/gnu/errlist.c
        mkdir -p stdio-common
        # on my system I had to add some sleep so that "make
install-headers"
        # don't try to rebuild errlist-compat.c anyway
        sleep 2
        touch stdio-common/errlist-compat.c
    fi
    make cross-compiling=yes install_root=${SYSROOT} $GLIBC_SYSROOT_ARG
install-headers