Re: ok, finally trying out the uclibc patch for crosstool...

Carl Miller wrote:
Sadly, that crashed when building C++, with error

In file included from /home/dank/test3/crosstool-0.28-rc5/build/mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc-3.3.3-uClibc-0.9.23/gcc-3.3.3/libstdc++-v3/src/ctype.cc:36:

<snip>

Did crosstool get fired up with TARGET=mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu but with
LIBC_DIR=uClibc-0.9.23?

The linux-gnu TARGET suffix asks gcc and binutils to build assuming glibc.
I don't know what to expect (aside from general badness) if you configure
for glibc but build with uClibc.

Try changing the TARGET line in mipsel.dat to:

TARGET=mipsel-unknown-linux-uclibc

Trying it now.

Which, in general suggests that if crosstool wants to be multi-C-library-
aware, it needs a more sophisticated way to build up the value of the
TARGET define.  Looks like multiple .dat files may want to contribute a
small piece each to TARGET.

Yup. Or something. The .dat files were a convenient kludge; maybe I'll end up doing something else. Who knows.

- Dan

-- My technical stuff: http://kegel.com My politics: see http://www.misleader.org for examples of why I'm for regime change