libgcj for arm-unknown-elf

I am trying to set up a cross compile environment on a Red Hat 9 box,
with the goal of being able to compile java code for an embedded ARM-ELF
target running eCos. I currently have gcc/g++ and its associated tools
built and working properly for arm-unknown-elf. Also, gcj is building
correctly.

When I configure gcc for --target=arm-elf, it tells me that the
configuration is not valid for the libjava directory. However, I am able
to get that directory to configure manually with target=arm-elf. I have
tried configuring it both with and without --with-ecos turned on but I
end up having compiler errors of various sorts depending on the exact
options that I use for configure.

I would like to know if anyone has been successful in building libgcj
for a cross compiling environment with a target of arm-elf, specifically
for an eCos system, and if so, what options did you use to configure
both gcc and libgcj?

thanks
--
Bryan Smant                     Software Technologies Group, Inc
mailto:bryan@stg.com            http://www.stg.com