Re: Delete cris architecture?

Hi Mikael,
Your message popped up again for some reason, so I tried
building crosstool-0.28-rc29 targeting cris with linux-2.6.7 / gcc-3.4.1 / glibc-2.2.5.
It failed with

../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pread.c: In function `__libc_pread':
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pread.c:52: error: `__NR_pread' undeclared (first use in this function)
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pread.c:52: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pread.c:52: error: for each function it appears in.)

so I imagine some update is needed.  I'm no cris user,
though, so maybe I'll let someone else look into it...
- Dan

Mikael Starvik wrote:
Hi!

The CRIS architecture is very much alive and locally we are running 2.6.6.
It is true that I haven't submitted any patches since 2.5.74 or something like that. It is my intention to send in a patch asap,
hopefully this week.

I will submit 2.6 patches more often in the future. Later this year we will also add support for a new CRIS subarchitecture.

/Mikael (CRIS maintainer)