From: Jean-Christophe Dubois <jdubois@mc.com>
To: Jonas TÃrnstrÃm  <jonas.tarnstrom@repeatit.se>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:34:28 +0200
Subject: Re: Crosstool 0.28-rc34 , PXA255 and a freezing kernel

On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 17:27, Jonas T=?UTF-8?Q?=C3=A4rnstr=C3=B6m ?=
wrote:
> Hi,
> I have problems with the kernel freezing (no crash, just halting) at very early boot-stages just after the "POSIX Compliance testing by UNIFIX" is printed out and probably in the "init" function or when creating the kernel thread for it.
>
> Any advice/tips/ideas on what arguments to use for gcc which toolchain and target architecture?
>
> Compiling gcc is 3.3.2 with binutils 2.15

I might have had the same problem (but on PPC). your kernel is probably
OK because you managed to boot and get to a point close to the init
process.

If you think that you might be in the init process then it is possible
that your init process is bad. It happened to me before. the crostool
generated glibc was not good and in particular ld.so.1 was just plain
bad.

If for example you are using busybox as your init process, try to
compile it in static mode (that's a busybox config option). This worked
for me and allowed me to test ld.so.1 (by just running /lib/ld.so.1 from
busybox)

Now if you are sure your init process is good that's another story.

JC