Re: linux-2.6.6 kernel make error: fp cannot be used in asm here

--- michael tesch <tesch1@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I encountered another error that I couldn't find
> an
> > > answer on the web.

> `set_fiq_regs':
> used
> >
> > That error comes from gcc/gcc/global.c.  I get the
> > impression the code in fiq.c is touching the frame
> pointer
> > when it shouldn't?  You probably need to ask the
> arm-linux people.
> > And you might want to try using an older gcc;
> 3.3.4 might be
> > worth a shot.
> > - Dan
>

> I had the same problem, and worked around it by
> commenting
> out the r11, as below.  I still haven't had time to
> actually *try*
> the resulting kernel, but I'm pretty sure this is
> ok...

I commented out the r11 as Michael's suggestion and
compilation moved forward before it hit another
error......I gave up gcc-3.4.1 and rebuilt tool chain
with gcc-3.3.4 according to Dan's suggestion. The
gcc-3.3.4-glibc-2.3.2 tool chain can successfully
compile linux-2.6.8 kernel.